Future planning

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Future planning

Post by Gerbil on Sun 21 Jun 2015, 1:54 pm

So, i think our clifftop base is going very well and is almost close to being decked out for current purposes - the farming operation is in full flight and we are chock full of dinosaurs and stacks of items.

However, there are a couple of things we need to start planning for in the medium term - metal and oil. We have a decent amount of metal, but our need for it in the future is going to be significantly higher. As for oil, we have none at the moment. That's fine for current recipes, but the more high tech recipes which we will have shortly will also require a steady supply of oil.

With this in mind, we will need to set up at least 2 additional bases for obtaining those particular resources. The base for metal will need to be in the mountains, and the oil base will probably need to be on the case somewhere. I have already made a very, very basic hut on the mountain to the west of the cliff base. It is tiny but it has a bed, a fireplace and a couple of storage boxes. It will need to be expanded substantially, particularly so that we can reliably keep dinosaurs in that area (I have in mind at least one anky and another dinosaur - possibly either a para or a mammoth - as a courier to take metal back to the cliff base).

As for the coast base, I have no idea how that will work other than we will probably want it to be reasonably easy to navigate to from the cliff base.

I'm not really sure what other resources we will particularly need, so if anyone has any info please let me know.
Gerbil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Future planning

Post by lokispants on Sun 21 Jun 2015, 2:25 pm

I've set up a tiny South Coast beach house. It's basically just a one room thing with a bed in it. But it's in a pretty good location. I chose the location of the cliff house because it was close to the metal mountain. But we could make another base up the hill to farm it easier.

The coast house is going to be more complicated. There's a lot of houses around the South coast. It's also pretty close to the Cliff House, so it won't be a long trip to transport all the goods.

There are other things that we'll need. Oil is the major thing. And we're going to need a shit load of cementing paste.
lokispants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lokispants on Sun 21 Jun 2015, 2:25 pm

Obsidian. We'll need Obsidian from the underwater caves.
lokispants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper on Sun 21 Jun 2015, 3:49 pm

yeah ive been slowly working on cementing paste
Casper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [DUBB] on Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:39 am

I'm happy to build anywhere you want